View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 10:33 PM

Default I believe the real question is, Do you need to confess your sins to God, Man, or both

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
I would like to see what you all think about this please take poll and give a response. if we sin and seeing our sins are forgiven should we confess them or not?
I believe the real question is, Do you need to confess your sins to God, Man, or both? If you commit the sin privately confess it privately to God, however if you committed the sin publicly it should be confessed to God and then publically.

private sin confess privately

Psalm 51:3,4
3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

Psalm 32:3,4,5.
3 When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.
4 For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.
5 I acknowledge my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah

public sin is subject to church discipline confess publically

Matthew 18:15-18
15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican. 18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Psalm 66:18 "If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:"

As a born again believer, a Christian, I believe

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God:" Romans 3:23.

Romans Chapter 3 Paul is talking to Christians. All too often, we take that verse out of context using it with the Romans road to salvation. So do I continue to hide sin in my heart until

"For the Lord himself shall descend from the heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." I Thessalonians 4:16,17.
I Believe We Need To Confess Our Sins To Christ Jesus, because

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad." II Corinthians 5:10

and

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus:" I Timothy 2:5

Furthermore,

I John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Romans 13:11,12
11 And that, Knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. 12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

"But grow in gace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To Him be glory for ever. A-men" II Peter 3:18