View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 07:06 AM

Stephanos, you were indeed harsher than necessary in your post. I think it would be a good idea to reread your post and consider it through the eyes of the Spirit of God instead of the carnal eyes of the flesh.

cb6445, it's good to hear that you are submitting to the call of God. "For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance." The Lord will use many, many things in your life to strengthen and break you at the same time: as men called into the ministry, we must remember to be like John: "He must increase, but I must decrease." Everything that we say, do, think and believe must be OF Him, BY Him and THROUGH Him.

On that note: give Bro. Stephanos a little grace: it's obvious that we're all still growing in the Lord and in the knowledge of His word, and some need it more than others, but it's good to remember that "Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth." As Christians we must strive not to let the knowledge get in the way of the charity, but also not get mushy and weak of doctrine. I'd like to encourage you to keep your nose in the Book, pray continually, ask questions about things you haven't yet learned, and above all, remember that our mission is to glorify God, and shooting each other (returning friendly fire is still friendly fire ) simply hurts the mission that God has set us on already.

God bless!