View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
Will this do instead?

Is it biblical to have female Pastors/Teachers/Elders?

Today we have a multitude of female pastors, elders and Bible teachers an example of which would be Joyce Mayer not to mention many other famous names that are known to Christian Television, but is this phenomena a result of what the Bible teaches or the result of another influence that has highjacked the church?

Where do you guys stand on this?
Is it sexist to take the following passages too literally or have we moved on since the first century?

1 Cor.14.34 “Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.”

1 Tm.2:11-15 “Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.”

Are there such things as “role responsibilities” any longer or are there really no distinguishable differences between the spiritual roles of men and women?

I know that this is a delicate subject but the only way to draw sound conclusions by hearing the sound arguments that form them! I honestly seek to understand passages like these more and that is why I post them.

God bless

PaulB
Seems pretty clear cut.
1 Timothy 2:12 - But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

1 Timothy 3:1-2 This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife

Titus 1:5-6 For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee: If any be blameless, the husband of one wife