View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 09:49 AM

Default Is a woman’s head-covering applicable in worship today?

Hello again all!

Yes, it’s a deep theological question for yeall and believe me, I don’t post these questions to be controversial or to play forum games, I post them because I witness and preach from the Bible and I seriously wish to understand the things that the Bible tells us about.

I have heard David Cloud on this a while ago and from what he said it sounds very much like this is what ought to be done, as others dismiss it as a first century pagan practice at Corinth only. I don’t expect everyone to see eye to eye on this but it would be interesting to hear your thoughts!

I cor.11:4 “Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head. But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.”

I am not too sure about it being a 1st century pagan practice because if it was, then I couldn’t see an apostle like Paul imposing it as a practice in a church that he had established. After all, he spent enough time delivering the churches from the Jewish practices that others were trying to impose on them (e.g. Galatians).

Look forward to hearing your replies!

God bless

PaulB