Thread: Side by Side
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 10:43 AM
DarlovesJesus

Greetings in Christ Jerry;

Thank you for the scriptures Jerry.

May I ask you Jerry, are you a nit-picker of words on this forum?

I am not a Bible scholar, nor am I a theologin, nor am I a dictionary, nor am I a perfect person. You make me out to be a self righteous, non-sinning person. You did not come out directly and say that, but God told my spirit that is what you are saying. No, I am not a self righteous person. I can and do type things incorrectly by saying the wrong words~we are not perfect! You have taken my meaning wrong.

I am a woman of God and I live according to His Word, the Bible. I make no excuses for my strict walk. I do not compromise the Word of God. I live it, I breath it, I take heed to the warnings God gives us in His Word. I am not perfected yet, but I am on my way. I am not a Sunday 'only' Christian. I take the Bible VERY SERIOUSLY every day of my life! I take God's Word for what it means. I am not wishy-washy, I am not lukewarm and I don't straddle the fence. I do not live according to 'man's' word ~ I live according to God's Word!!! I am on my knees with tears rolling down my face because of the sin that corrupts this world~my heart aches for the unsaved.

I am not trying to teach anyone anything~not this gal. I am not a teacher. I am just sharing what is on my heart, and God certainly has a lot to do with what I share with others. God knows my heart. You do not.

Revelation 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. A lukewarm church or a lukewarm self professed Christian is one that compromises with the world and resembles its surrounding society; it professes Christ, yet in reality does not know Him and is in a spiritually wretched state. Christ severly warns the church about His judgment against spiritual lukewarmness.

No, God does not stop a Christian physically from doing or not doing anything....you have the choice. However, God can nudge your spirit and if you don't listen, He won't be very happy. I still hold firm that if a person calls himself a Christian, he had better be walking like Christ. That's all I have to say about that. Too many people play games with this walk~I am not one of them. I am a sinner, but you'd better believe that the instant I realize that I have sinned or said something wrong ~ I repent immediately. No questions asked!

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction and many there be which go in thereat: 14: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Notice that God is giving us only two choices: life or death. There are also two kinds of people: one kind of Christian comes in at the strait and narrow and walks the life of Jesus. The other plays church....walking in the broadway ~ no limitations and no restrictions. Walk on in and have a good time.

Once we enter into that gate we are not done, we are not in Heaven yet. We still have a narrow way to walk. Don't think that because we've entered in we can do as we please. Jesus said there is a narrow way to walk and few find it. Few! Not many!

Easy believism rejects that perseverance is necessary. Perseverance is very necessary!

The problem with the church's today is that so many of the so called men of God are not teaching the truth. Not teaching how to get out of the sin business and how to stay out of the sin business!!! They water down the Word so that it makes Christianity look like an easy game. Not so. This is not a game and it is not easy to live like Christ.

People need to open their Bibles and learn for themselves what the Word of God is all about. If we don't read it, how can we truly know how to live as Christ? We can't.

So Jerry I am not fooling myself. I know the Bible and I know the scriptures that you have quoted me. I live them! .....As for me and my house we will serve the Lord.......100 percent wholeheartedly. No compromise! Sorry if that offends you, but in truth God's Word offends a lot of people.

Like the article 'Side by Side' states that brought us to this conversation: ......But forgiveness of sin, so full and free....Is found in the Bible, not on T.V.

God loves you and so do I,
DarlovesJesus