Thread: Repentance
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 05:25 PM

Thanks for posting this thread, pbiwolski. This subject had been puzzling me for quite some time. I believe we are saved by faith, plus nothing(Ephesians 2:8-9). I believe the only repenting we have to do is to repent from our unbelief. I believe when we get saved and see where our sin was taking us(Hell), we will repent because it is a command that our Lord Jesus Christ wants us to do, in order to have close fellowship with us. Although, if we believed on the Lord Jesus Christ and later on in our life quit repenting, I don't believe we would lose our Salvation, but we would lose our fellowship with God. When a Christian fails to repent, he will get chastisement from God and might even expect God to take him out because of his lack of obedience to Him. To really grasp this subject and understand it, we need to learn how to rightly divide the word(2 Timothy 2:15).

I enjoyed reading your posts on this subject, Brother Luke. Your love for God and His word is an inspiration. I pray that you take rest in your Salvation and praise God for the work that has already been done on the Cross of Calvary that saves SINNERS from an Eternal Hell, which you and I deserve.

God Bless you all