View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 01:12 PM
joshjefflawn

Well that is great. As far as the Geneva Bible, it is more or less the AV. In fact the AV1611 has I think like 75-80% William Tyndale's new testiment. Also the bishops bible is basicly the AV. The reason why King James (He was led by God, oh and he was the 1st king of England, 6th king of Scotland, 1st king of wales and 1st king of Ireland=1611) was to produce a perfect bible that also would not contain notes that were misleading.
King James was parcial to the bishops Bible, while the puritans were parcial to the Geneva Bible. So to comprimise King James pushed forward a version that would not have notes in it. That way it could be welcomed by all. Looking at it now, I am strongly persuaded that God put forward the AV so it would become the Final athority of all saved Christians. That way you wouldn't have one groupe with one bible, and another with another Bible, like they do today.
For those who are Premilenialists, have you read Clarence Larkens book, Dipensational turths. It is an absolutly wounderfull book. I recomend it to any Christian who is interested in Dispensationalism.