View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 10:43 AM

I was once in a local Christian Rock band. We hung out with all the other local Christian rocks bands in Montreal under the unbrella of a record label headed up by another, bigger Christian rock band. That was like 12 years ago, and as far as I know mostly everybody from that scene is apostate now.
I've investigated the whole Christian rock music thing alot, and I'm in complete agreement that the two cannot coexist.

I used to listen to a wide variety of groups, I used to think it was so cool that I could go to a 'christian' music store and buy a whole bunch of CDs that looked just as hot as anything at HMV, sounded as hot as anything on MTV, without anyone outside 'christian' circles knowing it was supposedly Godly.
I remember my dad forcing me to throw out my Living Sacrifice CDs, I was so mad at him: he said that nothing that sounded like THAT could possibly be Christ-honoring. Boy was he right! But read the lyrics, I said desperately.
When I look back at the lyrics now, they really weren't anything good, and since you couldn't even make them out over the grinding guitars, and the growling voice, how is that edifying?
When I listened to it, I got the exact same rush as listening to Marylin Manson, which I used to listen to - a lot.

I think it was brother David Cloud who said:
If you carve the name Jesus Christ into a piece of wood, you honor that piece of wood to carry such a beautiful name. But if you then go out to the backyard and use that name piece of wood to stir up a huge mud puddle, you're not honoring the mud puddle, but defacing the name of Jesus.

Thank you bibleprotector, for listing those answers below. Its truely amazing how these people who claim to be researching 'us KJO cultists' can't even find the well-publicized answers to those questions. It shows how they really aren't interested in the truth, only in propping up their excuses with toothpicks.