View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian View Post
There is more than one "sea" on this earth, I think you'll find that the "sea" in Rev 21:1 is a reference to the huge body of water above the firmament which is "frozen" in Job 38:30-31, this sea is "the deep" of Genesis 1:2.

Good observation Tony, but looking at this again I stand corrected and find that the first mention of the lake of fire buring is Rev 19:20 which happens at the end of the Tribulation at the battle of Armageddon!

Revelation 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

So it looks like it WILL be burning during the Millennium.
Yep, and Psalms 105:8-11 also...

He hath remembered his covenant for ever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations. Which covenant he made with Abraham, and his oath unto Isaac; And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant: Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance:

God keeps his promises. You could be right about the geography of the new earth, with the land of promise being in the same location. I'll keep in mind your comments about the Dead Sea, I'm not completely dismissing the theory.
Matt, I really appreciate this forum where we can have fun and enjoyment; I believe you said something to the effect to George or Brother Parrish that it was neat that we can have these little studies we do and we can say, well, I stand corrected, without some Pharisee saying, I TOLD YOU SO!!!

Buddy, you want to see some hateful, vicious people, there is(was?) a forum called the "Fighting Funsadametalist Forum", most hate filled bunch of people I ever saw. I wasn't there long, but noticed most the messages were from 2005 and none after. They remind me of that bunch of rednecks who bashed Jack Nicholson's head in with axe handles towards the end of EASY RIDER.

Brother, you and Stephen think I'm off the wall about the location of the lake of fire, you ain't heard my belief on "ghosts" and the "cold spot", he he.

Hey, it's all good.

Grace and peace to you

Tony

Last edited by tonybones2112; 03-14-2009 at 10:29 AM. Reason: coreected typo(misspelling) my keyboard is dying