View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusionznc View Post
I am not so sure about it though, because it says something about a Trinitarian Bible Society, and I'm not getting good vibes from that name for some reason.
< snipped for brevity >

The Trinitarian Bible Society are a fine bunch of folks. They have been around since 1831. Headquarters are in London, England and they have Branch offices in the U.S.A./Canada/Australia/New Zealand/Brazil.

They sell and distribute A.V./K.J. Bibles and they also have Scripture verse posters, Scripture Bookmarks, Scripture Calenders/Scripture Postcards/ Scripture Tracts/ Memory Text cards/Some really neat puzzle and coloring books for children...(remind myself to send some to the Grandsons-) and some excellent booklets/pamphlets concerning the A.V. and some history behind our Bible. Some of the titles are reviews/critiques of the modern versions. Very good information in a small package and low price. { No, I'm not on commission. Just like to pass on good info to other folks. }

Try the website and look at the various Bibles-- Small ones like the "Royal Ruby" for about $ 6.00 ? for a soft cover , up to their Large Print (15.5 print font size) for about $ 38.00 ? I have their "Comfort Print Text Bible" which is a good readable font size. Remember--- The smaller the size of the Bible,,, the smaller the print will be. { No sense buying something so compact that you can't read it without a magnifying glass... } .

www.trinitarianbiblesociety.org

Read the "Aims of the Society", and look at the "Articles" in the margin of the home page.

www.TBS-sales.org This is the U.S. sales site (Yankee money prices)

What the other poster was saying about T.B.S. Bibles is that they are made by Cambridge Bible Press of England... Just about the oldest Bible maker around and they make quality products. Cambridge then stamps the letters "TBS" on the spine instead of "Cambridge". They have a good readable font/print.

Here is a website with sermons/lectures/classes from various speakers associated with The Trinitarian Bible Society. Some are about specific verses, and others about some problem with a modern version, and various other topics. Click on and give a listen... be advised that several of the speakers are from the British Isles so listen closely-- .

http://www.sermonaudio.com/source_de...p?sourceid=tbs

Enjoy/Listen/Learn

BTW--- To echo something another poster said earlier: Get a KJ Bible...ANY edition/Any publisher/Hardback-Pew Bible/ Paperback from a thrift store/ any one is better than having NO Bible! I Googled Asheboro, N.C. and there looks to be at least 3 bookstores in your town, so as soon as you get off shift from your job, go find a Used Book Shop/Salvation Army Store/ Local Library sale cart... something, and get a sword...! It might be a little rusty and dented and has some scratches... No problem. A Christian without a Bible is like Soldier without a Rifle. Hebrews 4:12