View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda S. View Post
Wow...I am sure that post took awhile to type out!

You certainly did a great job of showing how disjointed my question and reasoning was! LoL

In post #28 I clarified my jumble thoughts and rephrased the question. The others discoursing with me seemed able to understand what I was wishing to discuss. Sorry you got lost in the mess!

Remember where you did a long post and stated that through many of the posts you were "learning"?? That is what I was doing here.

I have no interest in this thread at the moment because Bro. Paul and Bro. Forrest did a fine job of reconciling all the Scriptures.

Thanks though for all the verses you posted! Praise the Lord for His unspeakable gift. Amen!?
Amanda,

I understand not having interest in a particular thread anymore. And I sure do remember learning throughout a post where I wasn't sure of my position. I've also been wrong on some posts. I just didn't see how your position changed from Post #21 to Post #28.

Quote:
I think we have proven that God does hate the wicked and those who reject His offer of love at the cross. I do not believe that God hates ALL sinners, just some. But neither do I believe He loves all sinners, only those redeemed by the blood of the lamb.
You are saying that God hates unsaved sinners.

Quote:
Quote:
21 Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
Quote:
Mt 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Quote:
Lu 16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
You quote verses from David where he professes hatred for those who hate the Lord.
Next you quote two parallel verses which have nothing to do with God or man hating the wicked.

Quote:
And to just throw this out there I honestly do not think that the average church age Christian could hate righteously. Most of us are carnal and we have a long way to go in loving God let alone worrying about the wicked.
You are saying that the reason we shouldn't hate the wicked (unsaved) is because we can't hate righteously because most of us are carnal.

In addition to the scriptures in my last post I would like to add this passage:

Quote:
Matthew 5:43-48
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
God loves all sinners.

May God bless you,

Jennifer

Last edited by greenbear; 07-22-2009 at 01:06 AM.