View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
MC, if this were true, do you not think that God would have COMMENDED Elihu, especially considering that the others around him (including Job, according to some here), who were older and should have been wiser, were criticized by God for their failings? (I do not agree that God included Job in this). All three of the "miserable comforters" considered themselves as God's representatives. God rejected that. Job defended his innocence. God never accused him. Elihu criticized both Job and the three "friends". God neither commended nor condemned him. In essence, God IGNORED him. The first part of your statement is most significant. Neither God nor Job nor any of the others responded to Elihu AT ALL! Silence has a purpose here. Sometimes the best response to one who speaks with no knowledge is no response at all.
I must point out, like Bro. George, that God seems to say almost the exact same things that God did to Job, and Bro. George listed I believe five exact times. I think that instead of ignoring Elihu because he was wrong (as there is NO evidence that he was), God simply left a glaring silence after reaming out all four of the other characters: the three friends for their lack of wisdom, and Job because of his attitude. Elihu is not addressed for commendation, but he is also the only one in the story not to be reprimanded.