View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Questions and comments about KJV

Re: "Questions and comments about KJV"

Aloha rbratt,

I'm not "offended" by your Post or your questions - so you shouldn't be offended by the comments I am going to make:

You are either ignorant, ill-informed or mis-informed about all of the following:

1. The Question about: Which Bible?
2. The Internal Evidence: What Does God Say?
3. Old Testament History of the Text.
4. New Testament History of the Text.
5. The History of the Transmission of the Text of the Bible in the Church Age.
6. The Manuscript Evidence.
7. The "Scholars Union" and Their Corrupting Influence.
7. A Comparison of Versions.

I say this with as much Christian charity as I can muster - but on the other hand your questions and statements betray the fact that you really don't know much about this issue or the facts (or are trying to be "clever").

I would suggest you read an excellent "starter" book on the subject - "FOREVER SETTLED" By Jack Moorman, to at least get an idea about what you are talking about.

There are dozens of "Threads" & hundreds of "Posts" on this Forum that also deal with this issue.

Instead of repeating myself, I would recommend you check out the following "Threads" & "Posts":

Under "Bible Versions" > "Were The Early Fundamentalists KJV Only?" > Page #7 > Post #69
Under "Bible Versions" > "The Inspiration of Scripture"
Under "Bible Versions" > "Why I Believe In The King James Bible"
Under "Chitchat" > "Holy Bible First Use Of KJV On > Post #4

There are many brethren on this Forum that are well-informed on this issue, and if you would spend the time reading ALL of the "Threads" and "Posts" under the "Bible Versions" Section you would find all of the answers to the questions you have posed and a whole lot more.

I hope that you are truly "sincere" in your search for the "truth". If you are - God will reveal the truth to you. If you aren't, we could spend the rest of this year trying to "convince" you without success.