Thread: Secret Rapture
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 05:44 PM

This is a post I had from another forum

I'm not trying to offend anybody or open a can of worms. The important thing is that we are all eagerly awaiting the return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, wether that return be pre, mid, or post tribulation. I think I was in the 6th or 7th grade when the first "Left Behind" book came out. I read them and was instantly hooked. I brought the books on prophechy by Mr. LaHaye and followed his work closely. It wasn't until I learned a valuable life lesson before I started questioning his books. My teacher taught me that I have to read everything before I sign a paper. I applied this to this subject. I had only one side of the story. I only read the verses that Mr. LaHaye gave me instead of reading all of the verses concerning the subject. Once realizing this another life lesson came which was

Quote:
Proverbs 18:13-13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him

So I had to hear the whole matter. After looking at the history of the pre-trib doctrine I just didn't see it fully lining up with scriptures. I couldn't ignore the verses I stated before. I couldn't ignore the fact the even the pre-trib authors stated that it was a new doctrine. I couldn't ignore verses such as

Quote:
Acts 1:9-11-
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven

II Corinthians 6:2-
2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

Revelation 22:11,12
11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be

Acts 14:22
22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God

II Timothy 3:12
12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution

Revelation 1:7
7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen

Matthew 24:27
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be

Matthew 24:30-31
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other

The list goes on and on. Yes I know some believe that all these verses refer to the saints in the tribulation or refer to the "second phase of the second coming." When the disciple left the mount of olives after Jesus left they went back to their homes knowing persuction was coming. They knew death was coming. They also new that they had a job for the Master to do despite the trials, tribulations, and persucution. They were willing to work all the way up the time Jesus returned. I don't see what has changed since then. I'm a Marine and as a Marine I would fight a battle all the way to end. We're taught not to look for escape routes or shortcuts but fight to the end. I'm not saying this view influences my view of the scriptures. Jesus gave the parable to occupy until the master returned

Quote:
Luke 19:13
13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

Like I said before I not trying to kick anybody or pounce on anyone's faith. Neither am I tying to open a can of worms. I'm just stating that at one time I followed the fairly new doctrine of pre-tribulation rapture but once I read the rest of the verses dealing with the second coming (not just the ones pre-trib authors gave) I saw both sides of the story. I'll say this last part and be done. Pre-trib get there view of the catching away of the saints from the Daniel chapter 9. They say the last week hasn't been fulfilled. A quote from Steve Wohlber author of "End Time Delusions state

Quote:
It is illogical to insert a 2,00 year gap between the 69th and 70th week. No hint of a gap is found in the prophecy itself. There is no gap between the first seven weeks and the following sixty-two weeks, so why insert one between the 69th and 70th week? If you told your child to be in bed in 70 minutes, you obviously would mean 70 consecutive minutes. What if five hours later your fully awake son said, 'But dad, I know 69 minutes have passed, but the 70th minute hasn't started yet!'? After receiving the appropriate punishment, he would be swiftly sent to bed. Daniel 9:27 says nothing about a seven year period of 'tribulation

"MY OPINION"- is that a rebuilt jewish temple would be offence against the work of God after He sent His only Begotten Son who died and fulfilled the law and daily sacrifice. To build another temple in order to start the daily sacrifice for the covering of Sins is just wrong. Pre, mid, post trib doctrines can sometimes be confusing, frustrating, and a division maker. I think the coming of Christ is simple. He said he would return and I believe it. I leave with this verse. I'm not saying I'm applying this to anybody here, I'm apply it constantly to myself when I try bring hard confusing things concerning scripture into my life. I leave it becaue it might help someone else like it does me.

Quote:
II Corinthians 11:3
3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ

Last edited by toiwnz; 05-26-2008 at 05:50 PM.