View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie View Post
I haven't experienced it in years but I also feel I need to know for sure how to tell if something like that is from the Lord or not so I can resist it consistently if it's not. Perhaps the "fruit" is the only test. Since none of these things has done anything to further my walk in holiness perhaps that's all that needs to be said.
It seems that you are to some extent testing the spirits. I assume that in the years that these things have decreased that you have also experienced growth in the Lord? This should also help give you assurance.

When I attended the Assembly of God church I experienced what I could only call great spiritual warfare. It was a very frightening thing to me. I wanted to accept what they taught. Their teachings were, to say the least, fascinating. Yet there was just so much I couldn't reconcile. This seemed to cause me fear and confusion.
Quote:
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Quote:
1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
Only once in one of my deepest struggles did I hear a voice. To be honest I'm still uncomfortable even mentioning it. The words were clear and I still remember them. Yet to this day I still have no idea what they mean. I think this goes back to your questioning whether if they were from the Lord they would be edifying and serve some purpose. Would God speak in a riddle that is still meaningless to me 20 some years later? Again God is not the author of confusion.