View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 11:02 AM

Debau and Connie,

Can either of you name a single translation in any present (or past for that matter) language other than the English KJB that has been identified as being pure and absolutely accurate down to the very punctuation? I think not.

The reality is that none exists. Your argument is theoretical. Should we want the Gospel be available in every language in perfect accuracy? Certainly. Is it God's plan for that to happen? Evidently not. What we are to do is help those missionaries who are in the field and serving faithfully to have the tools necessary to bring those to whom they are sent as close as is possible to the full knowledge of God's message to them. Next, we should seek to promote the knowledge of English so that those who are converted will have the greatest opportunities to grow as they learn the pure truth.

The reality is that we cannot translate the complete Word of God into every single language that exists today. What we can do is train those who can go into those places and enable the development of English awareness. This will do more to open the doors of the Gospel than any other method.

I do not discredit the efforts of those who are doing their best to get the Gospel out by whatever means possible. I am simply saying that in the big picture, the most effective long-term efforts in the growth of the believing church worldwide are likely to be involving English-language education.