View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
I tried to find it free on the internet (sorry, Dave) but no luck. I wasn't aware of this video. I have LOVED Dave Hunt since I became a christian in Portland, OR (Dave is close by in Bend, OR). His writings helped me to: put to rest my doubts about eternal security, the character of God, and my own salvation; see the slanderous lies of Calvinism against God's character. Years ago, his books taught me about apostasy in the church, occultism creeping into the churches, the problem with christian psychology, the new age movement, occultism in it's many forms...suffice it to say this man has had more influence on me than any other Bible teacher.

The only thing I can recall ever having disagreed with him on is when I heard him say, and this is from memory but it's pretty close to what he said, "I just can't believe that angels mated with human women before the flood". Any person that takes a position based on "I just can't believe" does not have an open mind and may miss the truth of the matter altogether. I am interested to find out what Dave's position is on UFO's/aliens vis a vis the Nephalim.

I have also always wished that Dave would have taken a stronger stand for the KJV and against corrupted versions.
Thanks for posting this.
Sister, Dave is not the only one who don;t believe angels mated with human women. We had a discussion of it based on Scripture, here in the forum, there are several factors don't sit right. I mean it makes a great scifi/horror story, but I don't see the purpose or even any evidence that God created angels with genitalia or would even allow them to do this with human women. Too many KJV believers who would never go to the Greek or Hebrew go to the Hebrew with the "nephilim" and "fallen ones". Like fervent KJV defender Dr. Ruckman goes to the Hebrew on the "gap" theory. The teaching is that the son's of God, who were angels, made wives of women, and produced giants. Then on of them was a relative of one of Noah's daughter in laws or possibly his wife, as it says also "after that". These giants were "mighty" and men of "renown". "renown" is defined in the Scriptures as "famous" most of all, and not necessarily evil. I think here are the roots of Jupiter, Zeus, Apollo, famous men who were later worshipped as gods. Paul says there are things that become sound doctrine and then there are fables. I think the Legend Of The Fornicating Angels is a fable, like "Lilith", the demon wife of Adam, or Satan copulating with Eve to produce Cain..

Dave Hunt was a pretty solid NIV man who used the KJV to support maybe a better reading of something he wanted to say. He was a Cherry-Pecker, like I have seen Gloria Copeland do with 5 versions of the bible on a podium. First book I ever read was The God Makers, about Mormons. I think he's old, physically ill(prostate cancer) and tired. He made the statement that even though he has not read Gail Ripplinger's books defending the KJV, she is still wrong. Real erudite scholarship. Though I have never met you, I think you are too tall for a woman.

We admire men and women of the faith, nearly always they will let us down some wayor other. Even I, a walking Scriptural encyclopedia, am not always right, yet I am never wrong

Grace and peace

Apollos