View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Stephanos,

Well here is one simple example.

1. Scofield Bible: Every Hebrew month, weight, coin, or measure has the English equivalent is in the margin. I do not want to go find some other book when I am reading the Bible to see what month it was when something happened.

What is the English equivalent to the " ninth month " Well December is in a note when it says " ninth month " and this is handy information. I do not want to have to look something up every time I read something in the Bible in some other book. the list of examples is endless.

May I ask what makes not you want a "study" Bible? Do you not waste time looking up thing like this all of the time?

Atlas
Well, first I don't think it's a waste of time to look this stuff up, but yes I do look things up quite often when I'm studying (I don't when I'm reading through the Bible since I'd never get through it if I looked up everything that I didn't understand). But when I read something in a book that isn't correct then it's all good because I don't have that erroneous material in my Bible.

By the way, do you own a Lewis Bible? It was you after all that brought them to my attention, and I'd love to see some good photos of their Bible if you do have one.

Peace and Love,
Stephen