Thread: Christmas
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 12:19 AM

Hello Rolando. No, you didn't need to reply, but I was a little concerned about yaa--- You are in a BIG city not known as a haven for Biblical Christianity-(but much "Religion")- and you are a new Believer, so I just wanted to make sure "things" didn't "getcha down".

As for visiting/going to different churches... It can be a good idea, as you may learn something that another Church never touches/mentions. Be sure and call them on the Telephone and ASK them questions. Don't TELL them what you believe, but Ask them;
A.) What does your Church say about the Bible..? { Correct answer: It is the Written Word of God and is True from Genesis to Revelation.}
B.) What does your Church teach about Jesus Christ..? { Correct answer: He is God the Son/Lord and Saviour/Redeemer/King of kings/Lamb of God. + many others!}
C.) How does a human being get to Heaven..? { Correct answer = should be a combination statement mentioning John 14:6 and Acts 16:30-31 .} If they hem-and-haw and don't answer directly, then say "goodbye" and hang up the phone. Those are the Basics. There are other things that are not essential to argue about-- but those 3 items are very important! If you know all this, just disregard my jabber... For some years I taught Sunday School, and helped in a V.B.S. and talked to /guided many customers when I worked at 2 Christian Book stores. I always tried to get folks to understand the Basics of The Faith... before the wolves dressed in sheep's clothing came looking for a snack.
One last thing I do each Christmas Eve/Christmas night, is to read Luke chapter 1 and 2 or Matthew chapter 1 and 2 . Whether you are single or married/have children...it's good to "think on these things".