View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 06:12 AM

The Wonderful thing about the word of God is when some heretic like a JW or a SDA claims a verse or two here and there to defend the heresy of "soul sleep" there are countless verses of Gods Holy scriptures to refute their Heresy.

Quote:
Acts 7:54-60 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth. But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God. Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord, And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul. And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this,he fell asleep.
When we read that passage in the correct context do we believe that Stephen just simply fell asleep and went to the grave? NO of course we don't, we believe what the scripture tells us, that Stephen looked up and saw the heavens opened, he witnessed the Glory of God, he saw the Lord Jesus standing at the right hand of God and cried out "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit" so he witnessed Christ's location (Heaven, at the right hand of the Father) and asked him to receive his spirit (to heaven) could it be any clearer Mr JW Heretic ?

In Luke we read about the beggar Lazarus, who when he died didn't fall into soul sleep, he was carried into Abraham's bosom

Quote:
Luke 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
The Rich man could recognise Lazarus, he could see, he could feel and he could touch, it is quite apparent from scripture that he was NOT asleep

The penitent thief on the cross was promised that he would be with Christ in Paradise, NOT that he would fall asleep.

Quote:
Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
Other Brothers have cited ..

Quote:
2nd Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
Again can scripture be any clearer as to what happens when we die (IN CHRIST!) we are absent from the Body (Amen) and present with the Lord (Amen and Amen and Amen!) Glorified and present with the Saviour!

Elijah clearly went to Heaven "consious", he didn't fall asleep in the Chariot and go into the ground to "soul sleep", he went DIRECTLY to Heaven .

2nd Kings 2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven."

He then appears at the Transfiguration along with Moses who was also DEAD and clearly when they were talking with Christ they were awake

There are many other places in Gods Holy scripture where this HERESY of soul sleep is clearly refuted, when you have a JW call at your door, it is fruitless to get into a conversation with them over scripture, because they are trained in the verses they cite , trained to twist and wrest them completely out of context, you are better telling them that the watchtower society hasn't had one prophecy come to pass yet and the Bible clearly states that when a man who prophecies and that prophecy dosent come to pass, then he is deemed a FALSE PROPHET, just as Charles Taze Russel was!

Deuteronomy 18:18-22 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him. But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

The watchtower Society simply "presumes", their Cult leader Charles Taze Russel is buried under an illuminate pyramid, they claim to oppose Roman Catholicism, yet their NEW WORLD TRANSLATION in translated by Jesuits!

In Isaiah 40:3 the nwt reads

3 Listen! It’s the voice of someone shouting,
“Clear the way through the wilderness
for the Lord!
Make a straight highway through the wasteland
for our God!

Point them to that fact that their own translation states that Jesus Christ IS GOD ALMIGHTY, that verse cites that the way is to be cleared for God, and the fulfilment of Isaiah's prophecy in Matthew 3:3 clearly shows us that John the baptist prepared the way for Jesus Christ!

Quote:
Matthew 3:3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
Finally when dealing with a JW leave them with scripture that will NOT return onto the Lord void

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Amen, they need to ditch the Cult and get themselves right with GOD ALMIGHTY, THE LORD JESUS CHRIST!