View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 02:58 PM

I am not a big fan of Rush Limbaugh, I have heard his radio show maybe twice ever. But he spoke about this a few days ago:

Quote:

RUSH: Now, you know, I may need to be corrected here, ladies and gentlemen. I just identified the Somali pirates as "Muslim." I could be wrong about this. The president said that we are not at war with Islam. He said it in Turkey. He said it, I think, a couple of times on his trip to Europe. He said, "We are not at war with Islam." Now, apparently elements of Islam are at war with us, but we are not at war with them. So if we're not at war with Islam, then it must mean the Somali pirates are not Muslim, right? 'Cause we're not at war with them! I hope you're following me on this. I'm just describing what the president said while overseas on the Cut America Down to Size Tour. We're not at war with Islam. We're not at war with it. So the pirates must obviously be something other than Muslim.

Maybe they're Orthodox Jews! Well, if they aren't Muslim, they gotta be something. If it's not Orthodox Jews, maybe it's reformed Jews. Maybe it's evangelicals. Everybody knows the evangelicals are mad as hell these days about a whole bunch of things. Maybe the Somali pirates are actually evangelicals! Maybe they're Southern Baptists. Who knows? But they can't be Muslim because we're not at war with Islam. I suppose they could be a rogue band -- a very, very, very tiny, small, infinitesimal minority of Islam. But we're not at war with Islam. The president said so. So the Somali pirates, the story is they're Muslim, but that can't be, because we're not at war with them. My guess is it's the Orthodox Jews. It's Orthodox Jews committing piracy in the open seas off Somalia. There's no question in my mind.
Rush has pointed out a serious problem here. President Obama is trying hard to be friends with Muslim countries. What he doesn't understand (I hope that is the reason), is that these terrorists are just going to laugh and take advantage of him, much as Hitler did with Neville Chamberlain at the Munich Agreement in 1938. You cannot appease terroritsts.