View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 05:40 PM

I have always heard that Isaac and Rebekah (Rebecca) are a picture of Christ and the Church.

Gen 24:1 And Abraham was old, and well stricken in age: and the LORD had blessed Abraham in all things. 2 And Abraham said unto his eldest servant of his house, that ruled over all that he had, Put, I pray thee, thy hand under my thigh: 3 And I will make thee swear by the LORD, the God of heaven, and the God of the earth, that thou shalt not take a wife unto my son of the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell: 4 But thou shalt go unto my country, and to my kindred, and take a wife unto my son Isaac.

Rebekah was a virgin

Gen 24:16 And the damsel was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up.

Down to the well= dead to sin
and filled her pitcher= the Holy Spirit
and came up= raised up with Christ

Gen 24:27 And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of my master Abraham, who hath not left destitute my master of his mercy and his truth: I being in the way, the LORD led me to the house of my master's brethren.

I think this is more support that the Church is both the body and bride of Christ. Abraham would only accept a blood relative (member of the body) as a bride for his son.

And Eph 5:30-32 seems very clear

Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. 32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

And I am no Bible scholar whatsoever, but I always believed we would be in the Lord's army in Revelation

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

To me, this army upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean describes the Church, those washed pure by the blood of Christ.

Last edited by Winman; 03-10-2009 at 05:50 PM.