View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
That was not the early church. that is the Post-apostolic church. there were no Holy Apostles at that time they were all dead

Ac 20:29, 30 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

Eze 22:27 Her princes in the midst thereof [are] like wolves ravening the prey, to shed blood, [and] to destroy souls, to get dishonest gain.

2Pe 2:1 ¶ But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

boy, if Paul, Ezekiel and Peter weren't a prophets I might fall for the Alexandrian lie
Not only those, but the minor prophets can shed light on prophetic events given in the NT (Joel for example): I'm to tired to expound on this. Maybe tomorrow...

Also, Tertullian is the only author in that gif that actually had anything interesting to say. To bad he eventually became a Montanist heretic. The rest were nothing short of baby Roman Catholic pagans.

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen