View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
In the Old Testament, God had a divorce. He "put away" Israel.
Where? Yes, He separated Himself from her uncleanness, but there was no divorce.

Quote:
Isaiah 50:1 Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away.
The LORD was asking for proof a a divorce, which they could not produce.
Quote:
Jeremiah 3:1 They say, If a man put away his wife, and she go from him, and become another man's, shall he return unto her again? shall not that land be greatly polluted? but thou hast played the harlot with many lovers; yet return again to me, saith the LORD.

Jeremiah 4:1 If thou wilt return, O Israel, saith the LORD, return unto me: and if thou wilt put away thine abominations out of my sight, then shalt thou not remove.

Ezekiel 43:9 Now let them put away their whoredom, and the carcases of their kings, far from me, and I will dwell in the midst of them for ever.

Hosea 2
The LORD is seeking reconciliation, which is what we should counsel as much as is earthly possible, and not divorce.