View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Katie, if you reference all the possession cases in the Bible, we see that in all cases they are caused by "evil spirits". They cannot manifest in physical bodies but must seek bodies of the living:

Matt. 8:28 And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.
29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?
30 And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding.
31 So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.
32 And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.

Luke 24:36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

TV is concerned largely with sensationalism, not truth.

Grace and peace to you

Tony
I agree that demons can't manifest in physical form. They are constantly seeking human and even animal bodies to inhabit. Mat 12:43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. 12:44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

Angels can manifest in human form, though. Of course, so did the Son of God before His incarnation.

Christophany with 2 heavenly angels:
Gen 18:1 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; 18:2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, 18:3 And said, My LORD, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant: 18:4 Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree: 18:5 And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said.

Heb 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

This is why I don't believe fallen angels are demons. Angels can manifest as men. They appear as men, they eat as men, and I believe they mated with human women in Gen 6. I think demons are probably the disembodied spirits of the nephilim (giants) offspring produced by the union of the fallen angels who left their first estate and human women they took as wives.

Last edited by greenbear; 05-29-2009 at 09:00 AM.