View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 12:16 PM

Default Re: "Why All The Emphasis On MEN?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Folks, we need to examine his teachings carefully before we praise this man's words.

I'm with you on this one brother!

Why all the EMPHASIS ON MEN! We should be emphasizing the Lord Jesus Christ and His Holy word.

Why do modern day Christians keep looking to MEN? Why do they continually recommend MEN? WHY is it always - this MAN is great; or that MAN knows more Bible than {?}; or that MAN has won more souls than {?}; or that MAN has built a bigger church than {?}.

Let's forget about the "good" and "godly" MEN of God and get back to extolling the greatness of our God! Let's GLORIFY THE LORD JESUS CHRIST and stop glorifying MEN.

If someone wants to recommend a man's books or writings - that's one thing. But when we continually extol this MAN or that MAN, we are NOT following the Apostle Paul's example:

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

1 Corinthians 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5 WHO then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

My Book says that when MEN emphasis other MEN, instead of the Lord - they are CARNAL!