Thread: The sons of God
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 01:08 PM

CKG,
Quote:
I personally do not believe the events of Genesis 6:2 will happen again.
These verses indicate to me that the events of Genesis 6:2 will happen again unless there are giants who survived being wiped out by Israel. The days of Noe are distinguished by the corruption of human flesh by fallen angels. Why would Jesus liken the last days before His second coming to the days of Noe if the events of Gen 6:2 and I assume you also mean on through 6:12 don't happen again? Do you think Jesus is only referring to the quick destruction, every imagination of man's heart being evil continually, the earth being filled with violence but not the other defining aspect of Gen 6 and Sodom and Gomorrah, namely going after strange flesh? It's true that Satan doesn't need to try to corrupt the messianic line in the last days so that much is different.

Matt 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Luke 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. 17:27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. 17:28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; 17:29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.