View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 08:38 AM

Default Re: "Do you have to be KJVO to be here???"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKG View Post
The Bible says "truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ." (1 John 1:3)

If a person points out that "He" and not "God" was manifest in the flesh (I Timothy 3:16) or "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." (1 John 5:7) should not be in the Bible because it was added in later on (as a Baptist preacher once told me); is not that person siding with "said version" against the KJV? I can't talk to the translators who aren't there (and many have died), but I can talk to that person who is there before me who is using "said version". First of all I'm not going to get up and walk off. I'm going to explain why those verses are correct as they are written in the KJV and I will ask that person to explain why they are choosing the words of "said version" over the KJV. Different things can happen. Maybe the person is not aware of the Bible version issue. Maybe the person is not aware and doesn't want to be aware of the Bible version issue. Maybe the person believes their version or all versions are God's perfect word. Whatever the case I will try and engage them in some meaningful dialogue about Bible version issue. If that person refuses the truth; I won't hate them or look down on them and I will try to be a friend, but the friendship or fellowship will not be the same because that person is knowingly taking the words of a counterfeit Bible that casts doubt on the person, work, and deity of Jesus Christ.
Aloha brother CKG,

Just to set the record straight: Unless I perceive that someone is an outright King James Bible hater, I will try to "reason" with them. (Like I have tried with brother Matthew) But there comes a time (discernment) when "reasoning" must cease. After dealing with Christians for over 40 years about the issue of "Which Bible" I have learned WHEN that time has come (discernment) - and it is not always the same, it differs with the person and circumstances.

We cannot spend all of our time trying to "convince" Christians about the status of the King James Bible if they are unwilling to listen; or if they refuse to research the issue on their own; or if refuse to believe that God could have PRESERVED his Holy words in a single Book. At some point we just have to leave it up to God, because further appeals, arguments, and "reasoning" will only amount to "an exercise in futility" - where no edification takes place and where there is no "spiritual profit".

As long as Christians don't malign, ridicule, or denigrate the King James Bible, I have no "problem" with them - although it is difficult being "close friends" with such a Christian, because, after all, our "fellowship with God the Father and with His Son MUST be around His Holy word.

There is another "facet" to this issue, and that is the "Christian" who "poses" QUESTIONS - ALWAYS QUESTIONS! Normally these "Christians" are extremely "intelligent"; highly "educated"; (schooled) and they operate in such a manner that raises a "red flag" with me. They always "seem" to be so "sweet" and "polite", they never losing their "cool", but if you examine the way they conduct themselves you will detect GUILE; CUNNING; DECEIT; SUBTLETY; DISINGENUOUSNESS; DECEPTION; DUPLICITY; and DISSIMULATION!

When I "detect" (discernment) I am dealing with such a person, I immediately reprove or rebuke them and then AVOID THEM - like the plague. These kinds of "Christians" are just as bad (or perhaps even worse) than those "Christians" that are openly hostile to the King James Bible. The reason being, that while we can easily discern the "agenda" of those "Christians" that openly attack our Bible, it is much harder to "discern" the "clever" and "deceptive agenda" these "Posers" have - and that is to UNDERMINE the AUTHORITY of the King James Bible in a believers life!

The "Scribes", "Pharisees", and "Sadducees" didn't die off or disappear with the destruction of Israel in 70 A.D.! They are still with us today; and most of them are matriculating in the "Christian" Schools & Colleges in the U.S.A.

I have listed the Bible verses of WARNING against these people and their nefarious ways many times on this Forum. We must always be "on guard" against LEAVEN - whether it be in the form of a false & heretical doctrine [Galatians 5:9] or whether it be person [1 Corinthians 5:6-7] i.e. a "false brethren"; a "wolf in sheep's clothing"; or a "Christian" whose mind has been "corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ".

Paul spent the better part of three years exhorting ("night and day with tears") the brethren to WATCH; and REMEMBER - WARNING them of the "creeping apostasy" that was taking place within the church and amongst the LEADERS (i.e. pastors/elders)

Acts 20:17 And from Miletus he sent to Ephesus, and called the elders of the church.
18 And when they were come to him, he said unto them, Ye know, from the first day that I came into Asia, after what manner I have been with you at all seasons,
19 Serving the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews:
20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,
21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
22 And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:
23 Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.
24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.
25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.
26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.
27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.
28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.
32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

33 I have coveted no man's silver, or gold, or apparel.
34 Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were with me.
35 I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

I take no pleasure in contending with those "Christians" (I grow weary of it all) who come here either to draw disciples away after themselves; or who, since they have NO FINAL AUTHORITY themselves, seek to UNDERMINE the faith of those Christians who look to the King James Bible as their FINAL AUTHORITY in all matters of faith and practice.

I do not "hate" these people, but I will NOT stand by and see them try to turn this Forum into a "college debating society" - or worse! I seek no man's silver or gold; and I am not looking for a "following" - what I do seek for, is that all of the brethren on this Forum would be edified (that we might edify one another); that they would be warned; and that we might experience true Christian "fellowship" with each other as we "fellowship" with God the Father, and with His Son; and that that "fellowship" would be around the Holy words of God found in the King James Bible and NOT the words of men.

Psalms 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.