View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 07:00 PM

I don't feel humble. One of the dangers with me posting this thread is it's very easy for me to give a one sided story, to make him the monster and me the hero... but it's not like that at all. I don't feel humble. I feel like I am rebelling against the "man of God". That I am not submitting to authority. That I am not submitting to God's chosen. But when I think of the results of submitting to that authority it scares me.. because this is what will happen

* I will keep going to church, letting the pastor know that I want to serve God in ministry
* The pastor will let me preach on "men's ministry nights". I get to preach to a crowd of 10 people who are already saved. That's all good and well to feed the flock, but I want to preach to the lost as well.
* He will tell me that there is not enough people to do any large outreach and we need more people
* If I ask about starting a ministry he will say "you are not ready, you and your wife need to be more faithful" or "I will pray about it" but never get back to me..
* He will tell me my faithfulness to everything is paramount.
* In about 6 months I will realise that submission to God's man didn't get me anywhere, and I will be back posting this same thread...