View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta Ride View Post
"I believe, for reasons that have been precisely stated in this thread, that capital punishment is Biblical. There's no doubt about it in my mind, and I would not oppose it, except in cases of mistaken guilt which were glaringly egregious. In principle, I would never oppose it.

However, in my country, the criminal justice system is a monstrosity and an abortion of "justice." Innocent men are imprisoned (and, presumably, executed, although rarely), while malefactors run free. I have nothing but contempt for the United States Department of Justice, whether administered by Democrats or Republicans. A Republican administration gave us Ruby Ridge; a Democratic administration gave us Waco and Elian Gonzalez. But that's getting a bit far afield....

The bottom line is Romans 13. If the early Christians could submit to Nero, I can submit to Bush and Obama. And that includes accepting the Biblical principle of capital punishment, even when imperfectly administered."
Aloha brother VR,

I'm with you 100% on your comments.

With the SUBSTITUTION of Humanistic (read Psychiatric and Psychological) principles and precepts (since the early 1900's) for Biblical principles and precepts that were the basis for most of the Law in America (from its founding to the the "War between the States"), "Justice" has become a joke and a farce in our Judicial System!

I do not look for it to get "any better" soon. I believe that the U.S.A. is in such moral and spiritual decline, that only God's intervention can prevent us from joining all of the nations that have preceded us - on the "Trash Heap" of History.

Brother Scott Swart quote:
Quote:
"Again, a waste of time and resources, If the death penalty were to be worth while, we would not have to spend so much money on it. The thought of being put to sleep like an animal is not very intimidating."
Whether it is: "a waste of time and resources" is besides the point brother. God's word teaches that the "death penalty" for certain heinous crimes is not only "appropriate", but necessary (that is according to the Scriptures). If the death penalty were to be used appropriately (with Scriptural "safeguards"), it would DETER CRIME!

Ecclesiastes 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

The problem in the U.S.A. is we have made a mockery of swift justice and so we suffer from those criminals and miscreants who have learned to "use" the system for their advantage.

It's not that the "death penalty" is a "waste of time" - it's that we no longer apply it according to Scriptural precepts and principles, and so we suffer from some of the most violent criminals in the world, who sometimes "get away with murder" and use the system to further their wicked and evil ways.

Failure to follow the words of God always leads to chaos, confusion, and anarchy.

1 Corinthians 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

The above verses apply to nations also:

Psalms 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.