View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemama View Post
Dr Ruckman's view is backed up by Scripture,
No position that is backed up with Scripture taken out of context is "backed up" with Scripture.

No matter how much I appreciate Brother Ruckman on other topics, he is simply mistaken on this one. I have outlined the Scriptural case for when life begins in other posts. The fact that Job explicitly stated he had a ghost (spirit) in the womb absolutely settles it for me. As Atlas has pointed out, Adam was never born. He had no one to inherit a nature (tripartite) from. We inherit Adam's nature from Adam. The other verses used as "proof" do not weigh heavily enough against Job 10:18 compared with James 2:26.

And of course this issue matters. It makes a huge difference in how we deal with all sorts of issues, such as birth control methods, how we view abortions, miscarriages, etc.

That said, I wish the tone had not been set so bitingly by Atlas' first posts about Ruckman's position on this topic. In fact I do not care what Ruckman's position is on this topic.

And unless someone has new Scripture to add, I am about ready to shut down these threads.