View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 02:24 PM
sting of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
Repetition is God's way of emphasizing something in His Word. Peter denied Jesus three times, so three times Jesus calls him back to work.
but then you're missing the difference in the 15th verse and the other 2. i think you, just like me, am stumped..

Joh 21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jona, lovest agape thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love phileo thee. He saith unto him, Feed boskomy lambs arnion.

Joh 21:16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jona, lovest agape thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love phileo thee. He saith unto him, Feed poimainō my sheep probaton.

Joh 21:17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jona, lovest phileo thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest phileo thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love phileo thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed bosko my sheep probaton .