View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 03:36 PM

Well put Luke and thats a lovely psalm, Well explained forrest I agree that the LORD will never allow us to bear more than we are able.
I too hate sin, I too am more aware of sin as a Born again Christian. I have a new radar as such for sin, where before I didn't think I was doing anything particularly wrong but The grace of Our LORD Jesus showed me different, for example music choice, some of the music I was listening to was sinful, secular and wrong but conviction led me to leave that behind, every day I discover something about sin in my life that I didn't realise was sin, before salvation, and I am more than sure that this will continue until the LORD calls me Home or comes for us. I long for the day when we are raised incorruptible, finally removed from the shackles of sin, what beautiful heights of ecstasy we will reach!
As for dealing with the temptation, I just get on my Knees and ask for the strength and mercy to overcome the tempter, and when I stumble I get up and try again.
For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief. Prov 24:16
I find comfort in a verse from Jeremiah and Proverbs regarding correction of my sins.

Jeremiah 10:23.24
O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.
O LORD, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing.

Proverbs 3:11,12
My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:
For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Last edited by peopleoftheway; 08-25-2008 at 03:54 PM. Reason: I chose a terrible font