View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltfed_0331 View Post
...how to pursued fellow Christians to stay away from sin regardless of temptation by realizing its affect on us. Thank you
What a good, and important question, Brother "Beltfed". I appreciate your sensitivity to "sin" and its affect on, and in, our lives. Personally, I also hate sin and long for the glorious day we are delivered from its very presence.

For me, real practical and experiential victory (not that I've stopped sinning in thoughts, words, or deeds by any means) came when I was awakened to the power and provision of Jesus Christ. When the Lord Jesus Christ really became my Lord Jesus Christ. It changed my view and counsel to fellow believers regarding sin.

First, let me say that I do believe all sin is unrighteousness and, therefore, never pleases our Father in Heaven. So please know that, like you, I also loathe it. As true believers, we are never comfortable with sin and certainly never float through life without receiving chastisement from our loving Heavenly Father.

How do I persuade others to stay away from sin, regardless of temptation?

First, I teach them to appropriate, by faith, the certain realities that belong to every believer, who is in Christ.

"And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, This is the covenant [the New Covenant] that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more" (Hebrews 10:11-17).

Jesus Christ has dealt with my sin, once and forever! Praise be to God for His mercy and grace. Believe it.

How do I persuade others to stay away from sin, regardless of temptation?

Second, I teach them to appropriate, by faith, the certain realities that belong to every believer, who is in Christ.

"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it" (1 Corinthians 10:13). Personally, I believe that Jesus is the way of escape.

"But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen (2 Peter 3:18).