View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Presswood View Post
I do not believe anyone here is advocating attaching tithing to salvation. Certainly, that would be legalistic. According to Leviticus 27:30, the tithe is "the LORD's." Tithing is an issue of love, not law.

People mistakenly think that tithing has to do with money; it doesn’t have to do with money. God owns the cattle on a thousand hills. He owns the hills and all the gold in the hills. He tells us in Psalms 50 that He owns everything and if He did need anything, He wouldn’t tell us.

Ps 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.
11 I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine.
12 If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.

God doesn’t need anything. He doesn’t need our money. He wants our obedience and our love. When the offering plate goes by, we can rejoice at another opportunity to express your love and obedience to God.
I do understand we are talking about tithing, not salvation. My point is that there is no law for us. There is no law of tithing in the dispensation of grace. It is the Holy Spirit's role to convict every person whether to give, how much and to whom.