View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbiwolski View Post
When studying the book of Hebrews rightly divided, we are forced to take notice of certain passages that contain doctrine aimed at those in the tribulation period. Some of these passages are Hebrews 3:6,14 and 6:1-6, etc.

NOTE: If you're not with me thus far, don't bother reading the rest - it's not for the novice of biblical interpretation.

When studying these passages, we notice God (in His King James Bible) uses certain words to convey His truth to us. Words that we can connect throughout our Bible and dig deeper into other passages. A few to notice in Hebrews are patience, endure, the end, if..., hold fast, stedfast, and others.

Such is the case in Hebrews 10:35-39.
35. Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
36. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
37. For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
38. Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
39. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.
Here are several "key words" which will point us to applying its doctrine to the tribulation. (I don't have time to explain each one, but I trust if you're still reading, that it's not beyond your ability to "study out.")

The "key word" that I'd like to draw your attention to is the word "back." "Drawing back" is something that can be done by anyone in the tribulation. It is therefore a doctrinal reference to someone (a believer/disciple) in the trib. receiving the "mark of the beast." The end of their work is said to be "perdition" (run the references if you need to).

Read the passage again and consider the doctrinal point of view of someone in the tribulation.

Now, for the nugget!

When Jesus Christ ministered on earth, He had a problem with believers/disciples taking off on Him.
From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
This may not mean much to you, until you consider where the verse is found in your King James Bible (the original Greek will never be of help here). When you find the verse, you will find "the nuggett!"
____

pbiwolski,

Well done! Another nugget:

lamb-the lamb-your lamb progression

Exodus Chapter 12 provides a typology of "the Lamb of God" during the night when every firstborn of Egypt would die. Notice the "progression" here preserved in the King James Bible

- verse 3- "...In the tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man A LAMB.....A Lamb(emphasis mine) for an house." = one from many, a lamb(the necessity of a sacrifice for sin).

" Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of A LAMB(emphasis mine)without blemish and without spot..." 1 Peter 1:18-19

- verse 4- "And if the household be too little for THE LAMB(emphasis mine)....." = more particular or discriminating , it is no longer "a" lamb, one from many, but is now "the" lamb.

" And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before THE LAMB(emphasis mine), having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints....Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is THE LAMB(emphasis mine) that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing". Rev. 5:8,12

- verse 5. "YOUR LAMB(emphasis mine) shall be without blemish...." =no longer just "a" lamb, nor just "the" lamb, but also "your" lamb.

Thus, the King James Bible presents a great spiritual truth the LORD would have us know:

The Lord Jesus Christ is not just "a" Savior , one from many, He is "the" Saviour(KJB also spells as Saviour vs. Savior in other "bibles")

And although He is "the" Saviour, redemption must be appropriated by faith- he becomes "your" Saviour.

Words do matter! I am seeing this more and more in our AV -Gen . 22:8 being the most obvious example-"..God will provide himself(my emphasis) a lamb for..."=God will provide the lamb and be the lamb! Look at the NIV- both of these great spiritual truths are lost.

In Christ,
John Whalen