View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPeak View Post
Thank you all for your contributions. This has been a very difficult issue for me.

The scholars really believe that they know better than writers of scripture. It is that arrogance that prompted me to attempt some sort of thread. It is my contention that scholars today are no wiser than Paul was and are in need of the same faith that Paul had when he wrote. I do not really believe in human progress.

Having endured an undergraduate education at the hands of liberal scholars, I was thrust into several crisis of faith over the issue of scripture. Yet in all of the exploration I have done, even with a Pentecost preacher, a Baptist pastor and a Presbyterian minister, all sincere people, no one ever suggested that English translations could be inspired. It was always about the Hebrew and Greek.

Having attempted to "master" scripture through scholarship (studying all the criticisms and languages, etc.), my faith in God's word has been shaken. Always I am reminded of what Paul wrote in his first letter to the Corinthians: "Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this word? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?" (1 Corinthians 1:20).

I am discovering that I do not know nearly as much as I thought I knew.
Matthew, the gospel of Christ was preached to me in a Sunday school class at the age of 12. The teacher believed the English bible in her hands was the word of God and I accepted the gospel as the word of God and born again by the incorruptible seed of the word of God. There was no little angelic fairy came down with the little wand with the star on the end of it and whacked me on the head. What took place was in the spiritual dimension as is where the word of God works. These manuscripts and texts are all carnal topics, the issue is in the spiritual realm where our warfare takes place. Now, many times the "MVs", as I refer to as Original Manuscript Frauds, make the outrageous claim that you are some kind of British Israelite for maintaining the word of God as being present in a given-by-inspiration form in English. That's empty rhetoric to see if they can draw you into an argument and also to intimidate you. Satan would love to confine the words of God into the past in manuscripts that no longer exist and in languages that are dead.

Now, I want to match your sincerity with my patience. Too many "KJVO"s are hasty, and when you don't accept everything instantly, well, go jump in the river. That's not decent or orderly. The Muslims did not cause this attack on your faith, it was people within the camp of Christianity who did a number on it. Get off to yourself with a KJV and God. Think on what God did before, what He is doing now, and what He will do in the future. Moses is dust, Jeremiah is dust, the original manuscripts are dust. What is His will for your life today? First read Psalms 119. Read it twice if you have to till it is burned into your brain. Then study these six verses and pray for Him to make you understand how they apply to you today:

18 And it shall be, when he sitteth upon the throne of his kingdom, that he shall write him a copy of this law in a book out of that which is before the priests the Levites:
19 And it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life: that he may learn to fear the LORD his God, to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them:

When a copy of the OT Scriptures wore out the Levites copied it and burned the old one. Why did God make it so plain that the kings of Israel make a copy of the OT and study it and keep it close to them, if copies are not "inspired". How and why is the copy you hold in your hands any different?

Job 32:8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

This verse is not for 4000 years ago but is for today. The Spirit of God dwells in you and will do just as this verse says.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Why does Paul and the Holy Ghost present this precept as present tense if it applies only to the "original manuscripts"? Here is how your school and the FFF forum retranslates that verse:

2Ti 3:16 All original manuscripts were given by inspiration of God, and was profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

What does "all Scripture" mean for today? Where is it?

1Th 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

The last seven words of that verse define "inspiration" today. The first process of inspiration, initial revelation is Time Past. The second act, reproduction of His word, is ongoing and is into eternity. You hold in your hands what He wants you to have today. The third process of inspiration is going on inside you and in those who believe that word that you preach and teach to them. All this is for today, today is what counts, not when Codex Ravianus was written, today.

My friend, a KJV is black squiggly lines on reconstituted wood pulp sheaves bound between a slab of leather. God working, living, breathing, bringing dead spirits to life is what makes it divine and alive, the words are what are inspired.

Study the Scripture I have given you here, you'll get it just like I did. Grace and peace to my brother.

Tony

Last edited by tonybones2112; 05-15-2009 at 03:06 PM. Reason: typo