View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPeak View Post
Thank you all for your contributions. This has been a very difficult issue for me.
I can appreciate your struggle. Modern Christian theologians have made it a difficult issue, but it's really a matter of faith. I found, when I compared the King James Bible to the modern versions (this list, for example http://av1611.com/kjbp/charts/themagicmarker.html), that there is a significant amount of material left out of them. Because of that, I couldn't blindly accept both the KJB and the modern versions as the Word of God. Scholarship fundamentally changed the Scriptures.

I don't have all the answers, or probably even many of them, but I've settled for myself that the King James Bible is the faithful Word of God. That's something that each of us has to settle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPeak View Post
I am discovering that I do not know nearly as much as I thought I knew.
There's a lot of maturity in that statement. God gives us two pictures of infinity through the telescope and the microscope. Space is never ending and the farther we can see into it, the farther there is to see. All matter is made of matter, and however small it may be, it is made of still smaller matter. Yet God sees infinity from one end to the other. The more I learn about His Word and His creation, the more I become aware that I don't know nearly as much as I thought I knew, either. I think that's a good thing. That indicates a knowlege obtained which has not caused us to be "puffed up," but led us to magnify God in His wisdom and glory.