View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 09:06 PM
BrianT

Yes, yes, I know you all disagree with my views of KJV-onlyism. I get it. Can we get back to the topic now?

I have many KJV-only friends, and have many more "virtual" online friends. In the years I have been studying KJV-onlyim, I have met KJV-onlyists of many different kinds. Some are OSAS, some are not. Some are pretrib, some are posttrib. I have seen KJV-onlyists on both sides of almost all the doctrinal issues I listed in one of my previous posts - some of them even here on this discussion board. George's original post in this thread indicates that we must conclude that in all these cases, at least one of the sides is "heretical".

George's original post in this thread even goes further. He says "Not very PC of Peter to say such a thing, unless – UNLESS GOD VIEWS HERESY (ANY HERESY) as being DAMNABLE!". I am trying to determine if George is saying that one must be free of heresy to make it to heaven, perhaps he can clarify those statements. If this is what he meant, I have even a bigger problem with his original post than I have discussed so far.

Combining these concerns with the posts directed personally at me in this thread, I must ask: if some of you consider me a "heretick" for not accepting KJV-onlyism, does that mean some of you consider being KJV-only a requirement of salvation?

God bless,
Brian