View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
The people in the Lord Jesus Christ's time were amazed by His miracles, but they were also astonished because: "He taught them as one having AUTHORITY, and NOT as the scribes"!)
Good point Brother George. It makes me follow this line of Biblical truth.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Any true believer knows the Word is Jesus.
Galatians 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
We have the Spirit of Jesus Christ, the WORD, and therefore, have an understanding. The WORD is in us!
Revelation 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
  1. Jesus is the incarnate WORD.
  2. Jesus has all authority.
  3. Jesus lives in me.
  4. Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
  5. The believer has authority as a result of knowing the WORD!

He bears witness with my spirit through the written word through the King James Bible. I asked my 70 year old mother yesterday, "Mom, how do you know the King James Bible is the preserved written word of God?" She replied, "It speaks to me like no other book or version." Simple answer of childlike faith, wouldn't you say?