View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 04:19 AM

VR,

Quote:
"You ahrr too intelligent to believe in Gott!" To which Buckley, bless him, replied, "Well, Miss Rand, that certainly is an ice-breaker!"
This quote is incorrect.

He told Rand she was to smart not to believe in God. If you are going to quote it quote it right.

Quote:
Let me say this very clearly. Of all the books I read before my conversion, includng the occult stuff, Ayn Rand's work had the most harmful and destructive influence on me.
This maybe correct, I have no idea who's works were the worst for you.

However do you not understand that all lost men are 100% selfish?

Quote:
She simply would not tolerate any religious sentiment among her followers;
Who ever said I was one of her " followers ? " I am not. Just because I have read a few of someones books do not mean I am one of their followers. I have read Hitler and Marx. Dose that make me a Nazi or a commie?

Let me state this again.

Quote:
Now my biggest problem with Rand, Buckley and others is they did not live up to the book. Anywhere where they oppose the book they are always wrong and the book is always right.
I think some of her works have some value, as do some of Marx, Buckly's and the works of others. Marx misunderstood human nature. This is why the commie system has never worked. Rand and Buckly understood human nature that is why what they believe works in the real world.

I have not ever worshiped this woman, nor have I read all of her works. I have read Atlas Shrugged and a few of her smaller books. The Fountainhead is just about worthless and a waste of time. As are some of her other books.

I do not depend on Buckly, Rand Von Mises, Rothbard, Hazlitt or others for any Bible truth. Many were anti God or Catholic. I see being a Catholic just about as bad as being an atheist. Both deny the truth of God's word in one way or the other. I do think you can learn something from people. Sometimes you can even learn what will not work. When you know what you are looking for when reading books it make it easy to find. I do not look for Bible truth reading Murray Rothbard or Bill Buckley, nor should I. I'm look for economic truth. he and others have it because they understand human nature as it is. I'll bet both went to hell and were lost. I hope I am wrong about this.

Atlas

Last edited by atlas; 11-09-2008 at 04:30 AM.