View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta Ride View Post
Let me say this very clearly. Of all the books I read before my conversion, includng the occult stuff, Ayn Rand's work had the most harmful and destructive influence on me. If I was ever an atheist (instead of an agnostic), it was because I bought into Rand's militant atheism, and her "virtue of selfishness." I do not understand what Atlas sees in Rand; I'm astonished to hear a Christian express approval of her.

Rand hated all religion, and especially Christianity, no less than Madalyn Murray O'Hare. She refused to appear in the same room with Buckley, because Whittaker Chambers had panned "Atlas Shrugged" in Buckley's "National Review." She simply would not tolerate any religious sentiment among her followers; any of her inner circle who expressed religious tendencies was banished.

I know what I'm talking about; for awhile, I nearly worshipped the woman. I read every book she wrote, subscribed to her newsletter, and have read the books written by her closest friends since her death. She was an egomaniac and an adulteress; in fact, she demanded that her followers approve of her adultery.

On one occasion, and only one, she found herself in Buckley's vicinity, at a party. Without even shaking his hand, she snapped in her heavy Russian accent, "You ahrr too intelligent to believe in Gott!" To which Buckley, bless him, replied, "Well, Miss Rand, that certainly is an ice-breaker!"

She was, and continues to be, one of the most destructive, anti-Christian writers of modern times. If necessary, I will write a second post documenting what I've said; but I hope it won't be necessary.
Yeah, I was already under the impression from other folks that have read her books that she was completely against Christianity. That is the reason I asked Atlas if he thought she was healthy. Also, I to find it peculiar that he's so drawn to books about philosophy etc. I mean philosophy can be of use to a Bible student, I think Ruckman got his degree in philosophy, but the point is is that I would expect a Bible Believer to at least address the inherent dangers of Christians dabbling with secular philosophy. Was not this Origen and Eusebias' great flaw? Anywho, I could never read these sorts of books. I think they're dangerous.

Peace and Love,
Stephen