View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandi View Post
This reminds me of Paul's words of rebuke to those who would say, "I am of Paul..." )1 Cor. 1:12

Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul? (vs. 13).

This dispensationalism/hyperdispensationalism doctrine sounds very strange to those of us not indoctrinated into it. Some of us just read our Bibles as the straightforward Word of God.
That is exactly the response I would expect from someone who finds dispensationalism "strange", you don't understand it so you automatically think that those who subscribe to it are in error, or have been brainwashed (indoctrinated) into believing it. I was under a pastor once who thought that, sadly he is no longer in the ministry.

Paul also said "Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ" in 1 Corinthians 11:1, and he said "Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things" in 2 Timothy 2:7, and of course he said "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" in 2 Timothy 2:15.

Dispensationalism is simply a system of understanding how to "righty divide" the Bible. There are other systems, but none are as thorough IMO.