View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 09:45 AM

My goodness, your long reply has triggered many questions in me, and I hope and pray you will have patience with me, and help me to understand these verses, too:

9: And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10: The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
12: Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Those who take the mark of the beast, will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, AND in the presence of the Lamb! Someone in a Baptist church said Jesus would never be near anyone after they go to the lake of fire, and here, it says, plainly, the LAMB(Jesus) WILL be watching them in agony,forever.
Also, what is the mark? I know it's either in your right hand or forehead, and I understand it to be an ETCHING into and/or under the skin, a permanent mark. What do you know about it?
Verse 12: Why do the saints need patience, if we are dead to sin, and why do the saints need to keep the commandments of GOD?
We are not under the law, so why keep them? But, the bible says these saints will!!

Thank you for bearing with me, I have so many things I want to know.