View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryW View Post
When you underlined the words, "will draw all men unto me," are you saying "all men" will be saved? I would encourage you to study how the words "all", "all men",and "world" are sometimes used in Scripture. They do not always mean every person individually(as in every human being) but are used to address GROUPS of people, either nationalities(Gentiles and Jews being the most common),or different classes of people(slave or free,rich or poor). One example is Col 3:11, "but Christ is all, and is in ALL." Now, is Christ in ALL(as in every single person), or are ALL(people) saved? Obviously not! Now read the first half of the verse and you can clearly see what Paul meant when he used the word "ALL". Yes, when Christ is lifted up he "will draw all men unto me." Not only will he draw the Jew but also the Gentile. It is important to remember the disposition of the Gentiles prior to Christ. Eph. 2:11-13, states that the Gentiles were "without hope and God in the world," but now they have been brought near thru the shed blood of Christ. The gospel is for all nations, for rich or poor, slave or free.
There is no context which would indicate anything other than what is said in that passage of Scripture. Nor does that passage say all men will be saved, but rather that all men will be drawn. The question is left to each of us: "What will YOU do with Jesus?"

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen