View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 08:40 AM

Default Re: "Religious Baggage"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian View Post
Bro. George, I appreciated your thoughts on "baggage" and "garbage", and the links you provided. Considering all this, this subject gets quite complicated, with there being many different variables as to why a person would struggle in their Christian walk. I wonder if the ultimate reason why they struggle is rebellion, rebelling against the clear instructions to obey God, and to submit, trust, and obey God's word. Maybe it's not so complicated after all.
Aloha brother,

I believe you are right. I divided "garbage" and "baggage" in our lives in order to focus on the different kinds of faults and sins that plague us all. As you say - The problem is quite simple (at heart). The lack of love for God; the lack of love for God's word (i.e.words); a lack of desire to know God's word; a lack of desire to obey God's will for our lives; all of these things (and more) are the cause of our problems - it's called SIN.

Man's sinful nature causes men to construct these philosophies (foremost today - psychiatry & psychology), world religions (including sects, cults, etc.), individual cultures, etc.; in order to glorify man and his accomplishments, and in order to justify their opposition and rebellion against a Holy God and His Holy word.

The whole purpose of these man made "belief systems" is to influence, intimidate, coerce, or force mankind to accept ANYTHING - other than WHAT God says.

If you want to know what is going on today - The Lord has said it far better than I have:

Quote:
2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
This is the "mystery of iniquity", that Paul spoke of, that is taking place before our very eyes. This is the "falling away" (apostasy) that Paul warned of, that is taking place at this very moment.

This is why we must not get discouraged when people won't receive the truth (especially when Christians REFUSE to RECEIVE the LOVE of the TRUTH".) God is sending mankind "strong DELUSION, that they should BELIEVE A LIE! WHY is God doing this? Because most of mankind REFUSES TO BELIEVE THE TRUTH! Because most Christians REFUSE TO RECEIVE THE LOVE OF THE TRUTH! And if they will not BELIEVE the truth or RECEIVE the love of the truth, then "God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie"

Modern day Christians who have, knowingly or unknowingly, accepted Humanistic philosophies (psychiatry & psychology foremost); Humanistic logic & reasoning (Sophistry foremost); and Humanistic culture, customs, and "lifestyles" are leavening the churches with lies and false belief systems. We encounter these kinds of Christians practically every day on this Forum. Their mantra is: "Yea hath God said"?

These are the kinds of "Christians" that REFUSE to accept the truth that Paul spoke of in the foregoing Scriptures. They reason - "Isn't God LOVE?" "A LOVING God couldn't possibly send a "strong delusion" so that people will believe a lie!" But God said that that is exactly what He is going to do, and I believe that He is doing precisely that - right at this moment.

The cause of all the Garbage & Baggage in our lives is quite "simple" -SIN! The cure for all of these sins that plague us is also quite "simple" - the Lord Jesus Christ and His Holy word. The problem is quite "simple" also:

Quote:
John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.