View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 07:39 PM

Location: Colorado, a beautiful state with four distinct seasons; sometimes in the same day!
Default Different beliefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliver2 View Post
Hello there I love what I have read from this response. I but only have one question which has been on my mind for along time. There are groups of people advocating for the use of King James Version yet they have very contradicting doctrines e.g the Anglicans who even authorised the it. Please help me becuase it confuses me alot may the Lord bless you abundantly.
Hi believer 2. It should also be pointed out that those who use the multitude of conflicting modern versions also disagree among themselves regarding doctrines. Though many Bible believers (King James Bible only) generally agree on what would be called the fundamentals of the faith (deity of Christ, salvation by Christ alone through His atoning blood, Bible is the infallible words of God (KJB), and the second coming of the Lord Jesus, resurrection of the dead) yet they do differ on other doctrines like electing grace or free will, church government, the role of women in the church, baptism, Lord's supper, etc. So what? This is nothing new and it will continue till the Lord comes.

Though there is some disagreement on what the Bible teaches at least we are agree on what it actually SAYS. The modern versionists not only disagree among themselves about what the various bibles teach but also on what it even says, and not one of them actually believes that he has an inerrant and complete Bible in any language that he can hold in his hands and believe every word. Big difference here.

Will K