Thread: Repentance
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 04:48 PM

No I am not a calvinist I am a AV Biblisist or Bible believer. nor am I a hyper-dispensationalit.

I simply beleive the word of God to be true that Grace is the suffecient means for Salvation. a book by Lewis Sperry Chafer (also not a Calviist) could help you to understand the Doctrines of Grace. if you will read it I will attach a zip copy to you via email.

for Christ is the Author of Eternal Salvation and the finisher of our faith. Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
Heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Those doctirnes are clearly set out in Scripture especially in Romans the book of Grace with all the major Doctrines that make up Gods wonderful grace taugth inthe first 11 Chapters. the life of Grace and the work of the Holy Ghost is taught throughout the letters of Paul.

Just because something seems close to Calvinism doesn't make it Clavinism.

I believe in mans free will and the Sovergnty of God But I don't believe God would be so wicked as to choose some for salvation and another for hell.
I beleive that a man can do nothing to merit Gods wonderful grace but he can resist it. this is your point here. put my choice was not me repenting but nearly a result of Gods work in my heart to turn me to Jesus I still held the final decision but whom am I to risist God. Just like Paul I said, "what would you have me do and I obeyed.
I believe that Christ died for all men, woman and children of all ages but not all will recieve this wonderful gift of God marvelous Grace.
And I beleive Christ will keep that which is his until the Day he completes us in Heaven.

sorry I didn't answer last night as it was past midnight when I last posted and I had to get to bed.

blesssings