View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
JMWHALEN, those are both very good posts. Are those from a book that I might be able to read myself, or did you write those out just now?

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen
Thank you, brother. When I was saved out of "Romanism" 10 years ago, I spent much of my time reading the scripture, and writing articles to expound on (hopefully!) those scriptures, rightly divided(2 Timothy 2:15). I do not always "rightly" divide(and who does!), but that is my aim, and charge. I encourage all to be "noble", i.e., practice Acts 17:11="check me out" to see if the things I write "were so." And all are commanded to correct me/others when I/they am/are wrong(2 tim. 3:16 and a host of others) and are not teaching "sound doctrine"(Titus 1:9-2:1).

The post(s) were a compilation of notes over the years.

John M. Whalen

PS: Re. sanctification. Did you ever notice that you cannot physically crucify yourself? Try it-impossible. The Holy Bible would have us to know that even our sanctification, the "crucifixion of the flesh", is of the LORD! Acts 17:11

"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:" Philippians 1:6