View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
My problem is with my heart. It never changes. I seem to only desire to "feel good" instead of actually wanting to glorify God. I sin, feel guilty, want to feel better so I can sin again.. it's a vicious cycle
I've been there and done that, it was a horrible time in my Christian life, but it was only through hindsight that I could see how rebellious I had been. I came through that period and recommitted my life to God, I made a conscious decision to start doing right and choosing to please God instead of myself. I had to make some huge self sacrifices, and one of them was motorcycling. I sold my $18,000 motorcycle and all my many gears, jackets, boots, helmets, etc, and havn't been on a bike since, and Lord willing will never again, that was one thing that was causing me to sin. Recognise those things which are a temptation to you and get rid of them out of your house, brother. Get rid of your TV, they are good for next to nothing, I havn't had one for over 12 years, what a great blessing it's been.

If it gets really bad just move up to Auckland, I'm sure we could sharpen one anothers countenances bi-weekly in fellowship and praising God. We're going out to the streets this Friday night, we could use an extra man! Of course, you're married, so she is welcome too. You need to involve her in all this soul searching btw.